Thursday, September 24, 2009

Appreciating the Depreciated

I'll start with an apology, but I can't help myself.

Columbia Sportswear is really thinking outside the box. Cliches aside, the company has a cool way to recycle. The company is known for being somewhat unconventional and its campaign to reuse shipping boxes is right in there. Customers get to choose whether they want their product shipped in a new or slightly used box. I mean why not. It's not like you're going to put the box in your mouth and catch something.

Columbia reports their customers also like the idea to the tune of 60 percent of purchases shipping in the not-new boxes. Less trees into cardboard and less cardboard into landfills.

Less is more. Oops, I did it again. Sorry

Now they've really gotten creative and you can play too. The "A Box Life" program's goal is to encourage people to reduce, reuse and recycle and maybe have a little fun too.

Check it out.

And check this out too.

No comments: